Preschool – 7th Grade Parents of Applicants must:
- Attend a Virtual Tour or Open House Event
- Complete the above Application for Admission
- Submit Application fee with Application
- Submit Birth Certificate after completing Application
- Submit Immunization/Physician's Report after submitting Application (State of Louisiana Certificate of Immunization is required)
Cedarwood School admits qualified students regardless of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, or religious affiliation.
K-7th Applicants only:
- Transcript Release form signed by parent/guardian.
- Student Profile form completed by current teacher.
- Admissions Office schedules testing (all Kdg - 2nd grade applicants).
- Individual Psychological and Academic testing conducted at Cedarwood by an outside testing professional.
- For 3rd-7th grade applicants, submission of recent standardized test scores required or testing scheduled.
- Interview/meet applicant (student) typically on same day as testing.
- Transcript Review/Report Cards.
- Standardized Test Scores.
- Results of any other testing or evaluation.
- Admissions Committee reviews application.
Preschool – 7th Grade Applicants:
- Will receive a phone call followed by notification letter from Admissions Office informing parent of Admissions Committee's placement recommendation.
- Enrollment contract and enrollment information is sent with notification letter digitally.
- Parents enroll student by submitting the Enrollment Contract and Enrollment Fees.
Cedarwood will continue to accept applications after the above deadlines. When there is a waiting list in the applicant's class, the application will be processed. Once the applicant completes the admissions process, the applicant will be informed of his or her eligibility for placement. When a position becomes available, the applicant will be notified immediately.
For more information please contact:
985.845.7111 ext. 130
"Cedarwood will always be a special place to the White family. Kathy LeBlanc and the entire staff are to be commended for the excellent job that they did in preparing our kids for high school." – Jim W.
"Now that George is fully immersed, I truly could not be any happier. Since he is only 3 years old, he isn't too keen on telling me all the details of his days (yet.) However, I can just tell that he is in the very best environment for his development, learning style, and personality. Many days, he says he doesn't want to leave Cedarwood when we are pulling out of the carline on our way home. He says, "Mommy, I miss my Cedarwood friends!" on the weekends. I can feel the love (and patience) from the way the teachers and staff greet us each morning in carline... There are also other things I sense about the overall atmosphere and care that takes place on the campus, I suppose it's a mother's intuition kind of thing. Mostly, all of the children just seem really happy to be there!
When friends ask me how I like living on the Northshore, the first thing I talk about is how much we love Cedarwood. Seriously. I am so glad we found it.
I am an extremely satisfied and proud parent, and you and your staff should know you are doing an excellent job. I am sure being in education is hard work. You all are angels." -– Krystall S.