May 18, 2020
Accelerated Reader was a success this year! Our students worked together to meet our school goal, class goals, and individual goals. What an unexpected last 9-week period it was! The results are below listing our top 3 classes, top 3 students, and top 2 readers in each classroom. I will have a bag of rewards and a certificate for each top reader to pick up on drop/off, pick/up day. Congratulations, everyone, teachers and students! Remember to Keep Reading!
Total School Points 4218 (Goal was 4000)
1st place class 7th Grade 1654
2nd place class 2nd Grade 826
3rd place class 4th/5th Grades 807
1st place student Gracyn Dunavant 632
2nd place student Elizabeth Ellis 445
3rd place student Jennifer Song 222
Top 2 readers in each classroom:
1st grade-Amelia Blasio 37 and Hailey Habisreitinger 32
2nd grade- Teyo Thomas 108 and Brantley St. Clair 91
3rd grade - Annabelle Hanlon 113 and John Levis 95
4th grade-Liam Favre 146 and Dane Delaune 66
5th grade- Jennifer Song and 222 Sasha Ingle 158
7th grade- Gracyn Dunavant 632 and Elizabeth Ellis 445
The STPL has an online summer reading program and library book curbside pick-up. Refer to their website for information. www.sttammanylibrary.org .
Elementary Parents Zoom Meeting
As our 2019-2020 school year winds down, Ms. LeBlanc would like to offer a meeting via Zoom to share some of the latest developments that have occurred in the past eight weeks. She would also like to give some information about Cedarwood's plans moving forward during these uncertain times. Please join us!
Topic: Elementary Family Friday-Plans Moving Forward
Time: May 22, 2020 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 772 6753 0642
- May 19, 2020 – Preschool “Reverse Parade” - In the front of the Cedarwood gym. Please follow the schedule below to pick up your child’s portfolio and progress report. Teachers will be there to help put items in cars and wave to the students. Parents and students must stay in your vehicles.
- 3’s-5’s classes: Parade and Pick up of items is from 3:00–4:00 p.m.
- Infant-2’s classes: Parade and Pick up of items is from 4:00–5:00 p.m.
- May 20, 2020 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. - Kindergarten Cap & Gown Photos by Barberito Photography by appointment. Students will turn in any school materials such as textbooks and library books. Ms. Fletcher will send a Materials Return Checklist to submit with the bagged school materials. Students will receive their Kdg Diplomas and Progress Reports. Ms. Fletcher will also send the photo session signup link to all Kdg parents.
- May 20, 2020 – 3:00 p.m. – Cedarwood 7th Grade Commemorative Graduation Reverse Parade. Teachers and Administration will celebrate the 2020 Sensational Cedarwood 7th grade class. Students, please wear your Dress Uniform for the very last time! (Reminder to return all Chromebooks, textbooks, and library books. Ms. Joyce will send a Materials Return Checklist to submit with the bagged school materials.)
- May 21, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - 1st – 5th Grade Pickup & Returns Day Students will receive progress reports, personal items, AR Awards, and middle school academic awards. Students are required to return all Chromebooks or other computers, textbooks, and library books at this time. Parents, please bag all of your student’s items in one bag per student. Please label the bag with the student(s)' name and grade. Your child's teacher will send a Materials Return Checklist to submit with the bagged school materials. (For families with multiple students, please do not mix their items.) Parents and students must stay in vehicles.
- 7th Grade Commencement Dinner – will be rescheduled. The date and location to be announced.
Summer Camp PLANS TO OPEN
Camp Kaleidoscope is preparing for summer camp beginning June 1st.
M.A.D.D. Camp (Music, Art, Drama, Dance) plans to open June 15th.
Online registration is OPEN and is available now at https://www.cedarwoodschool.com/summer-camps
Physical distancing and sanitation protocols will be put in place to ensure compliance with Covid-19 safety guidelines.
✅ C.D.C. protocols will be followed
✅ Nurse will perform temperature checks and daily screenings of every camper
✅ Required sign-in for health and safety to include reporting by parents/guardians any symptoms or exposure to Coronavirus
✅ Single entrance point and carline observed for arrival and dismissal
✅ Groups will remain small (10 or less in each group)
✅ Environmental cleaning of all facility surfaces and toys frequently throughout the day
✅ Buildings disinfected and sanitized by NDS Cleaning Service, Natural Disinfection Solutions LLC
✅ Cedarwood Camps will remain compliant and update camp safety guidelines with mandates
✅ In the event that camp must be canceled, registrants will receive a Cedarwood School credit or refund
Online registration is OPEN, and you can register now. Groups are LIMITED, so enroll today!
CALL THE SCHOOL OFFICE AT 985-845-7111 FOR INFORMATION
ABOUT CAMP AVAILABILITY.
GO TO www.cedarwoodschool/summer-camps
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: APRIL 23, 2020
Dear Cedarwood Parents,
Governor John Bell Edwards made the decision to close all public schools through the end of the year. For the health and safety of our students and faculty, Cedarwood School will also follow that directive for preschool through 7th grade.
Our teachers will continue to deliver our Distance Learning programs through May 15th and utilize the week of May 18-22 for records and closeout maintenance. Our school’s “Weekly News” will go out next Monday and will include the adjusted May calendar. The calendar will include the end of the school year events, as well as the necessary adjustments and safety directives.
We know this has been a difficult time for you and all of us. We miss our students and our families! Through the recent parent surveys sent, important information is being compiled. Thank you for letting us hear from you. If you did not get a chance to take the survey, please do so at the links below:
Survey for Preschool Parents - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N5JJWJF
Survey for K-7th Parents - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QHFCXX2
We know that once the community opens up and parents go back to work, many of you will need childcare. We anticipate we will be given the clearance to re-open for the start of the summer camp programs, which are scheduled to begin June 1, 2020. We will confirm that date with you as soon as we know.
SCORE CARE FOR NATIONAL FIELD DAY
NATIONAL FIELD DAY EVENT CARDS
STUDENT MATERIALS RETURN CHECKLIST
KINDERGARTEN CAP & GOWN PHOTO ORDERS
SCHOOL UPDATE: 4/3/20
For Preschool Families, April 1, 2020
SCHOOL UPDATE: 3/31/20
From Regina Wurtzel, Accounts Manager at Cedarwood School (Some dates in this letter no longer apply)
Event Cancelations & Postponements due to COVID-19
SCHOOL UPDATE: 3/27/20 (Dates in this letter no longer apply)
SCHOOL UPDATE: 3/17/20
SCHOOL UPDATE: 3/16/20
SCHOOL UPDATE: 3/12/20
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
Resource for Parents-Help for Working at Home
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus - From the Child Mind Institute
Taking Care of Little Ones During Covid-19
Need Support Caring for Young Children During Pandemic
<iframe id="vp105eQX" title="Video Player" width="864" height="486" frameborder="0" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/embed.animoto.com/play.html?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1588201580&f=05eQX7sbkYet3ccPFjYSVg&d=0&m=p&r=360p+480p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=HERE&cu=https://cedarwoodschool.wufoo.com/forms/zjinybh0vz5jaq/&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ITS TIME TO SIGN UP FOR CEDARWOOD SUMMER CAMPS
GO TO www.cedarwoodschool/summer-camps
Camp Kaleidoscope for 2-7 year olds
Session 1 June 1-5…. “Full STEAM Ahead!”
Session 2 June 8-12…. “GO Backyard BUGGY!”
Session 3 June 15-19…. “Little Picasso's Creative Art”
Session 4 June 22- 26…. “Boot Scootin' Country Fun”
Session 5 July 6-10.... “STEAM Dreamin' with LEGO”
Session 6 July 13-17 “Ocean Commotion”
Session 7 July 20-24 “ANIMAL PLANET”
MADD Camp for Rising 1st-7th graders
Session 1 (June 15-June 26)....."Kickin' It Country Style"
Whether you are a rhinestone cowboy taking the Old Town Road out west or a star-studded country star, like Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Kacey Musgraves or Thomas Rhett, you'll be "Kickin' It Country Style." So show us your country style with a one of a kind performance camp session!
Session 2 (July 6 -July 17) ......Cruisin' With MADD Camp"
Can you feel the island breeze? This show will have its passengers cruising and performing to exciting island destinations around the world as you show off your talents on stage. So, climb aboard the SS MADD ship and say "Bon Voyage"!
Become a fan of Cedarwood School on Facebook at.