NEWS - October 19, 2020
Cedarwood School Calendar
Preschool Oct 2020 Lunch Menu
ORDER NOW THRU NOVEMBER 1ST
Decorate your home for the holidays with beautiful poinsettia’s from Perino’s Garden Center. All proceeds from this sale be will go toward a new covered walkway from the preschool to the gym. Order pickup will be at Cedarwood on Thursday, December 3rd from 9AM--12 noon. Orders must be picked up between those times.
Sizes Available are:
6.5” plant:-$12 each
8” plant- $20 each
10” plant- $32 each
Purchase your Poinsettias Here
(with a credit card)
Complete and turn in this form
CALLING ALL PERFORMERS!
DRAMA CLUB INTEREST FORM
Please return the 1st-6th grade Drama Club Interest Form if you are interested in joining Drama Club. Ms. Deborah Bettelli will return as Cedarwood's Drama Club instructor.
Return this form by Wednesday, October 21st.
Tentaive Drama Club Day will be Wednesday/Thursday (depending on # of students interested.)Drama Club will begin soon and will continue until the Spring performance. Dates and show venue to be announced.
DRAMA CLUB INTEREST FORM
USED UNIFORM SALE
Thursday, October 22
Has your child outgrown any uniform pieces? If so, please send them in by Wednesday. Parents' Club is sponsoring the sale, co-chaired by Lindsey Savage and Rachel Kenney. Come by and pick up some bargains! All parents will enter and exit through the gym. Safety protocols will be followed.
We need you! Please turn in your form this week!
Cedarwood sent home a form today for you to let us know how you would like to be involved here at school. Please check off area of interest and send the form back to school.
- Volunteer opportunites are managed through Cedarwood Parents' Club. Parents of students enrolled at Cedarwood are automatically members of the Parents’ Club
- Parents' Club is committee-driven. Please let us know how you would like to be involved here at school.
- Simply choose your favorite activities and events and you will be contacted by the committee chairs as we get closer to each event.
Volunteer Sign Up Form
Printable Spirit Week Information
Book Character Day is October 30
-Preschool 4's classes - 6th grade will participate in a Book Character Parade at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. All students this age are encouraged to dress as their favorite book character for the parade. Bring your book with you for the parade. Please arrive by 8:00 a.m. to participate in the parade.
- Preschool Infants, Toddlers, 2's & 3's, please see the attached Preschool Information for Book Character Day.
Thursday, October 29, 2020
Pumpkin Contest Entry Guidelines
- Pumpkin Carving/Painting Contest is open to all ages!
- Only one entry per person or group.
- Entry must be decorated by the exhibitor(s)
- Pumpkins must arrive between 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. Please deliver to elementary office front door with your entry form. K-6th may drop off in carline
- Decorate pumpkins at home.
- Late entries cannot be accepted
Entry Categories: Preschool or Elementary
Prizes: Ribbons awarded per age group and category.
PUMPKIN CONTEST ENTRY FORM
THANKS TO ALL
WHO CAME TO
CEDARWOOD FAMILY NIGHT !
Proceeds benefit covered walkway from preschool to the gym.
"CAUGHT CHA" AWARDS
Each Friday students in preschool 4's - 6th grade are recognized by the school mascot, Sammy Snapper for demonstrating the spirit word of the week. Last week's word was "kindness". Congratulations to the following students: Ani C.(1st) Annabella G.(6th), Keaton M. (1st), Hailei G.(4th), Charlotte T.(3rd), Sasha I.(6th), Charlotte D.(2nd), Arie I.(4's), Max S.(4's), Mayra A.(4's), Ava A.(5's). Thank you students who demonstrated the spirit word, "Kindness". Enrichment teachers (Music, Art, PE, Library, Innovation Lab, and Spanish teachers) selected these students from preschool, lower or middle school for demonstrating the spirit word of the week.
SAVE THE DATE!
Dear Snapper Families:
We are working hard to keep our kids excited about reading with our Scholastic Online Book Fair from Oct. 26 – Nov. 8. The Book Fair will also raise funds for the school library.
The Fair will connect your kids to notable books and inspiring characters—helping them become lifelong readers. And you’ll love the new option to experience the magic of the shopping experience through a Virtual Book Fair!
Plus, enjoy these special online shopping features:
- Access to over 6,000 products
- All orders ship direct to home
- FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25
- All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with online shopping:
Thank you for continuing to support our school.
Mrs. Wortmann, Cedarwood School Librarian
View Student Photos
By now everyone should have received an email with a link to view and order your student's school day portrait. Please check your spam folder, as some email setting may dump it to your spam folder for an email from Barberito Photographers. If you have not received the link, please contact Barberito Photographers at Contact@barberitophotographers.com. Please let Barberito Photographers know the school, student's name and grade. Also include your contact phone number and email in case there are any additional questions or concerns. If your student was absent or is in need of a retake portrait, Barberito Photographers will be on campus November 12th & 13th for photo retakes. (Elementary students Retake Day is Friday, November 13th and require Dress Uniform.) .
- October 22 Used Uniform Sale from 12:30-2:30. Sponsored by Parents Club. Bring in your gently used items for the sale.
- October 29 Pumpkin Decorating Contest - see article
- October 26-30 - Spirit Week - see article
- October 30- Book Character Parade for Preschool 4's - 6th grade at 8:05 a.m.
- October 26-November 6, 2020 - Virtual Scholastic Book Fair
- November 1 - Poinsettia Order Deadline
- November 12 & 13 - Picture Retake Days (Elem day is Nov.13)
Become a fan of Cedarwood School on Facebook at.