Weekly News December 9, 2019 School Events Calendar
Preschool - 7th Grade - may wear pajamas to school on Wednesday, December 11th. Students should wear shoes appropriate for playing outside. (No slippers, please)
Students who are taking photos with Santa may opt to wear holiday clothing or pajamas on this day.
Photos with Santa Photos Preschool - 7th
Where: Cedarwood School Gym
When: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
* Only those students who return the order envelopes with the payment will have their photo taken
* On-line ordering is not available for Santa Photos.
* A parent or guardian must accompany all Preschool - 1st-grade students.
* 2nd -7th graders who submit the order form by 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 11 will have their photo taken.
* Barberito guarantees delivery of the photos to school by December 18, 2019.
* Orders must be prepaid and submitted at the time the photo is taken.
* Santa photo order envelopes were sent home. Printable Order Form here.
Get Your Organic Soap
made by Cedarwood students.
Get your stocking stuffers while supplies last in the elementary building and preschool building between the hours of 7:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The soap scent varieties are: Buttercream Lucky Charms; Cedarwood Coconut Eucalyptus, Honey Almond Eucalyptus, Lavender Charcoal, Lavender Lemongrass, Lavender Peppermint, “Skittles” - Honey Almond Eucalyptus, Sweet Orange Rosemary, Who Dat Lavender Rosemary, Egyptian Dragon Lemongrass, Frankincense Peppermint.
All soaps are $4 each, small bags of mini Christmas Tree soaps are $2 each. Proceeds benefit Cedarwood Student Council initiatives!
Holiday Program Preschool 4's, 5's & K-7th
Friday, December 13th
WHAT STUDENTS ARE TO WEAR:
- K-2nd students are asked to wear brown or black pants/leggings with a green long sleeve shirt. Please provide a change of clothes for after the holiday program. (We suggest comfortable holiday colors/theme) for after the program.
- 3rd-7th - Long solid dark-colored, navy or black pants (or dress uniform pants) with holiday festive colored shirts in green, red, white, or any combination thereof. No jeans or t-shirts, please. Girls may wear holiday dresses if they would like.
- Preschool 4's & 5's - Comfortable holiday-colored clothing.
Parents are invited to see your children perform at the Annual Holiday Music Program.
Following the performance, Christmas Angel Gifts will be given to the representatives from the Department of Child and Family Services.
Preschool Holiday Caroling for Infants-3-year-olds
Parents and extended family are invited to listen to your
child sing holiday songs to ring in the holiday season. These performances will take place in your child's classroom.
Monday, December 16
8:30 AM Cindy Tucker
9:00 AM Jessica McDowell
Tuesday, December 17
8:30 AM Faith Frey
9:00 AM Kendall Smith
Wednesday, December 18
8:30 AM Caitlin Specht
9:00 AM Sharon Martin & Tiffiny Stewart
Thursday, December 19
8:30 AM Lynn Rabalais
Friday, December 20 (1/2 day of School)
No Performances - Class Parties
Preschool 4's-7th-grade classes have adopted their own needy Angel. Infants - 3's are donating new, unwrapped toys (by Thursday, Dec 12th). Cedarwood Children's Foundation also took part in donating for this cause by donating $300 to go toward Angels. Thank you to the Parents' Club chairs of the Christmas Angels Program, Shelly Rogers and Jennifer Fletcher and their committee of volunteers. Gifts will be picked up by the Dept. of Child and Family Services, on Dec. 13, 2019, around 9:30 a.m., after the 4's-7th grade Holiday Music Program.
SAVE THE DATE
Friday, January 31, 2020
at Benedict's Plantation
For Preschool - 7th Grade
Dinner, dancing, & D.J.
Sign up form coming soon.
December Pizza Days
Friday, December 6, 2019
Friday, December 13, 2019
Updated 2nd Semester School Calendar
Please note that the second nine-weeks Mandatory Parent-Teacher Conference Day has been rescheduled from Monday, January 20, 2020, to Monday, February 3, 2020, due to required Teacher Professional Development for all faculty. There will be no school for students on January 20, 2020, and February 3, 2020. Parents, please plan to attend your child's conference on Monday, February 3, 2020.
Updated Preschool Calendar
Updated K-7th School Calendar
The following payments will be processed through ACH on the following days:
4th – 7th Public Works Field Trip
November PALS Sessions
Zoo 2 U Field Trip – K-3rd grades
7th Grade Poinsettia Sale Fundraiser
- Monday, January 13, 2020 - Kindergarten testing begins - by appointment. Contact Cindy Braud at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 985-845-7111 ext, 130
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 - Coffee & Kindergarten - For parents of 4's & 5's whose children will be eligible for Kindergarten in August 2020.
- Friday, January 17, 2020 - Middle School Showcase - Parents of current 2nd grade and up - come and see what middle school at Cedarwood is all about. 8-9 AM
Become a fan of Cedarwood School on Facebook at