NEWS - Sept. 13, 2021
Cedarwood School Calendar
September 2021 Preschool & PreK Lunch Menu
Update Letter from President Kathy LeBlanc 9-15-21
Update Letter From President Kathy LeBlanc 9-10-21
(This letter was emailed to all Cedarwood families)
Preschool 2's & 3's New Carline Map
2's & 3's Classes move
We are looking for Dads this week who can help make some of our designated elementary classrooms ready to receive all of our 2's & 3's next week. If you can help, please sign up at the following link. We appreciate your help so much! Volunteer Dads Sign Up Here.
Cedarwood School is waiting for the insurance adjusters to finish their process before the actual repairs can begin. We are taking all of the necessary precausions to make sure the remainder of the Cedarwood campus is safe and secure. All fences and gates where students are housed are closed and locked. No individuals doing repairs to the preschool will be allowed to enter any areas where children are in attendance.
AUDITIONS THIS WEEK
Attention 1ST - 7TH GRADE ACTORS
OPEN AUDITIONS ARE Wednesday, September 15, 2021, or Thursday, September 16, 2021.
Auditions for Drama Club are this Wednesday and Thursday, September 15 & 16 from 3:30-5:00 pm. Please prepare a song to sing and send a YouTube link with kareoke version to Ms. Bettelli at email@example.com. Students are welcome to attend both days, but are not required to attend both. The show will be selected based upon the talent at auditions.
- Drama Club will meet on Wednesdays & Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- If you cannot make both days each week, accommodations will be made for your actor.
- A snack will be served to Drama students.
- Members will perform in a Spring Musical in May 2022 (see dates below)
- Students are responsible for their own costumes for the Spring musical.
- Tentative Dates for Dress Rehearsals: May 3 – 5, 2022 from 4-7 p.m., location to be announced.
- The tentative dates for the musical: Friday and Saturday, May 6 – 7, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. (location TBA)
See this link for the signup form and possible show selections.
- Swimming in PE Classes for K-7th are on hold until the pool is finished refilling. Teachers will keep you posted through BLOOMZ. When swimming resumes it will take place as follows:
- 1st Grade on Wednesdays
- Kdg, 2nd , 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 7th grades will swim on Fridays.
- Snapper Specials - All of the afterschool Snapper Sessions will resume this week with the exception of swimming. Dismissal is at 4:00 at Area A pickup. Please be there by 4:00 to pick up your child unless they are enrolled in the Extended Learning Program. (If you signed up for other activities, they begin during subsequent session dates.) The ones below begin this week.
- Little Artists for PreK 4's & 5's
- Little Artists for K & 1st
- Robotics Team for 4th-7th
- Swimming for 2nd-5th grade will not take place this week. (Pool is still refilling)
- Soccer Shots begins this week
"Caught Cha" Awards
Congratulations to the students in the PreK 4's - 7th grade who were given Caught Cha Awards for displaying the spirit word - BRAVE/COURAGEOUS! The enrichment teachers in Music, Art, PE, Library, Innovation (STEM) Lab and Spanish issue these awards each week. Students are recognized at the school assembly and K-7th graders are given a free snack at the snack bar. PreK 4's & 5's are given a healthy treat to take home with them. On August 27th the following students were recognized at the school assembly: Eli L. (2nd), Louis M. (4th), Carson A. (2nd), Jack Parker T. (4th), Molly J. (3rd), Zarriah C. (4th), Bishop A. (1st), Beau L.( 5th), Warren R. (1st), Brody W. (5th), Eliana L. (PreK 4), Anthony S. (PreK 4), August I. (PreK 4), Harper G. (PreK 5's) Congratulations students and thank you to Charlotte Touchton for being our mascot this week!
Handbook Agreement 2021-2022
This is your digital copy of Cedarwood School's Parent/Student Handbook . It is a requirement that all families print and submit the Handbook Agreement to the school office no later than August 27, 2021.
The Back to School Picnic
& The Dads & Donuts Events
Due to the current community surge of the Delta varient of Covid the school has made a decision to postpone these events. We were so looking forward to hosting them, however, we have a huge responsibility to keep our school community healthy and safe. We will announce new dates when we are able.
From Accounts Manager, Regina Wrutzel: All ACH payments for the picnic will not be processed. For any checks written for the picnic, the amount will be credited to your account.
Become a fan of Cedarwood School on Facebook at.
ARCHIVED FORMS & INFO