NEWS - January 11, 2021
Cedarwood School Calendar
January 2021 Preschool Lunch Menu
Preschool - 6th grade Parent Teacher Conference Day
Monday, January 18, 2021
Please schedule your conference directly with your child's teacher.
Protocols for Parent Teacher Conferences:
- Please arrive at your scheduled time and remain in your vehicle until your are notified by your child's teacher that it is time to enter the front door of the building. (This is to eliminate anyone waiting in hallways.) The teacher will contact you on your phone.
- Masks are required to be worn by parents and teachers.
- Temperature checks and hand sanitizing will take place upon entry.
- Teachers will sanitize the classroom between each conference.
- Sneezeguards will be placed between teachers and parents.
If you are not comfortable with an in person conference you may request a Zoom or phone conference with your child's teacher.
For Parents of 4's & 5's
Parents of 4's & 5's whose children will enter Kindergarten this year, come and see first hand how Cedarwood Kindergarten students become life-long learners. We will also share information about Spanish class, Innovation Lab, Art Class, PE, Music and more. Covid Safety Protocols will be in place. Reserve your seat here.
Health and Safety Protocols in place for the Open House
- Mask required, temperature checks and hand sanitizer upon entry to the gym.
- Assigned seating in family pods and proper distancing.
- Visitors will not come in contact with any students while on campus.
WPPSI-IV Kindergarten Assessments for preschoolers begins on January 11, 2021. All Cedarwood preschoolers who turn five by August 31st are being given the unique opportunity to schedule the WPPSI-IV (Weschler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence) right here at school. The WPPSI-IV will provide you with important information about your child’s academic readiness, aptitude, learning style, and intellectual ability(IQ). Securing your appointment is simple. Simply click on the WPPSI appointment reservation form below. (Students who enroll in Kindergarten at re-enrollment time will be issued a credit for the testing fee.) Schedule your child's appointment today.
WPPSI Appointment Reservation Form
CLICK on this video for details
Teacher Appreciation Event
Date: 01/18/2021 (Mon.) Time: 8:00am - 10:00am at Cedarwood
Please join Cedarwood's Teacher Appreciation Committee in celebrating our deserving teachers, faculty and staff at Cedarwood School. We are so fortunate to be able to celebrate such an amazing group of people who truly care about our children and their future. They have committed to giving our kiddos the best during such a difficult and unprecedented time in our history. We are looking for parents to donate and drop off brunch-themed goodies for our Cedarwood educators to enjoy the day of parent teacher conferences. Please ensure that the food is warm if required to be heated and dropped off between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. The committee volunteers will be individually boxing the items and putting them in to-go packaging to keep the food safe and sanitary for the faculty. Please email us with questions so that we can make this a special day for our Cedarwood family!
All our best, Stephanie Veltri firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Pittari email@example.com, and Liz Alario firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist in any way to make this special grab and go brunch at Cedarwood. To sign up go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A49A4A92AA31-teacher
The following items will be processed through ACH on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. Please contact Regina Wurtzel in the financial office with any questions at email@example.com or 985-845-7111 ext. 123.
- December PALS Sessions
- Kindergarten WPPSI Assessments
- Preschool Enrollment Fees
- Elementary Tuition Deposits
Re-enrollment for 2021-2022
All instructions for re-enrollment were emailed to Cedarwood families on January 6, 2021. For all instructions, please see the Re-enrollment buttons at the top of the home page. The re-enrollment deadline is February 5, 2021.
"Caught Cha" Awards
Congratulations to the students who were given Caught Cha Awards for displaying the spirit word of the week!
This week the following students were recognized at the school assembly: William B.(1st), Jack Parker T. (4th), Emmie Kay J. (K), Kenliegh R. (3rd), Charlotte T. (3rd), Julian M. (1st), Isabella H. (4th), Carson A. (1st), Paxton O. (4th), Parker J. (4's), Wells J. (4's), Haper G. ( 4's), Ava A. (5's). Thank you Max G. for serving as Sammy Snapper!
Black & gold Day
Friday, Jan. 15, 2021
All students wear your Black and Gold to show your support of the New Orleans Saints!
Spring Registration for
Soccer Shots is Now Open
- January 11 - Preschool WPPSI Kdg Assessments begin for 2021-2022 by appointment.
- January 14 - Kindergarten Open House - K-6TH DRESS UNIFORM DAY
- January 18 - Parent Teacher Conference Day.
- January 25 - This is a school day (added back to the school calendar in December)
Become a fan of Cedarwood School on Facebook at.